The Stereo VideoMic Rode SVM allows you to record from the cold-shoe mount on a camera in stereo. Drawing upon the advanced technological developments within the RODE manufacturing facilities, RODE has created a new video microphone. This product, like the VideoMic (VM), now the world's biggest selling on camera shotgun microphone, is also destined to become an Industry standard. It not only offers the same sound quality and performance as its predecessor, but it also meets the industry demand for stereo recording.
Videographers may use true studio stereo recording techniques in the field with ease. The XY configuration enables the Rode SVM stereo video mic to capture the true ambience of the recording environment, while still providing a high level of rear rejection and low noise. Fitted with a shoe mount, the Rode SVM has the same low-noise circuit design as the Rode VM. The Rode SVM offers 9V battery operation, an LED battery status indicator, a highpass filter switch, and a -10dB pad switch that allows for the mic to be used on most cameras with perfect level control.
The Stereo VideoMic is ideal for use with DSLR cameras such as the Canon 5DMkII, Canon 7D, Canon 1D, Canon 550D/T2i, Canon 60D, Nikon D7000, Nikon D5100, Panasonic GH1 and Panasonic GH2.
You can also use the Rode Stereo VideoMic SVM as a remote mic on a stand, or a RODE boom pole, which truly makes this versatile product well suited for all video applications including Electronic News Gathering ENG, weddings, sports events, and interviews.
- Stereo microphone
- Two 1/2-inch condenser capsules are mounted in a fixed X/Y stereo array
- Natural stereo recording with a high level of rear rejection
- Ideal for capturing environmental, ambient sounds and live music
- Powered by 9-volt battery
- Standard sized shoe mount plus 3/8-inch thread for mounting on a boom pole or stand
- 1/8-inch output jack
- Includes suspension shockmount, DeadKitten wind shield, accessory shoe adapter, and 3/8-inch thread adapter