Was founded by Karl Hoefner a violin meister in 1887 from Schoenbach (Germany).The company grew to be germanys largest manufacture of stings & pluck instruments.The workmanship of his intruments justified companys reputation already before the "First World War", that also reached beyond the german borders.
As both his sons Josef & Walter Hoefner joined the company in 1919 and 1921, acoustic guitars were already an integral part of the companys production. Their concert guitars set the standards in a market that was dominated at that time in the 20s & 30s by western guitars. The Hoefner brothers were able to build on this qualitative market leadership for decades thereafter.
More than two million string & pluck instruments found their way their owners, from beginners to virtuoso´s, from Bubenreuth to the farthest corners of the world. With an export rate of over 75%, shows unarguably the world market position of Karl Höfner GmbH & Co. KG.