Fender Vintage 59er Bassman Ltd
´59 Bassman LTD
The Fender® Bassman amplifier of the 1950’s evolved as the pro bassist’s answer to amplifying a great new invention: the Fender Precision Bass®. This powerful 45-watt rig could easily compete along with the common instrumentation of the day: horns, piano, four-piece drum kit with calfskin heads, and maybe even an electric guitarist with a nice, new 10-watt amp! By the ‘60s and ‘70s, the original all-tube “Tweed” 4 x 10 Bassman gained popularity with rock, country, and blues guitarists as a great-sounding, reliable, easy to use guitar amp. Even some emerging British amp designers of the day copied its circuitry for use in their most celebrated designs.
In the 1990’s, Fender released an affordable reissue of the now-collectible ’59 Bassman amplifier to massive acclaim. Many guitarists tired of experimenting with preamps, equalizers, and effects racks rediscovered the simple pleasure of plugging into a Fender tube amp and rocking. The Bassman amp’ s wide stage coverage, touch-sensitive dynamics, and full-frequency “swirl” make it the perfect vehicle for building a great tone with almost any guitar or effect pedal hooked into it. The Reissue Bassman continues to be a staple of the Fender guitar amp line to this day.
The new ’59 BassmanLTD is enhanced with:
• Genuine lacquered Tweed covering
• Solid finger-joined pine cabinet for woody, resonant tone
• Original spec 5AR4 rectifier tube for natural compression when you play hard
• Internal bias pot making it easier to experiment with various output tubes
• Two US-made GT-6L6-GE Groove Tube output tubes
• Two improved 12AX7 preamp tubes
• Fitted cover is included
• 45 watts into two Ohms
• 4 x 10” 8 Ohm Jensen P10R speakers with Alnico magnets
• Dual channels (Normal and Bright)
• Four inputs (two per channel)
• Chrome control panel with controls that go to 12
• 22.37” H x 23.5” W x 10.5” D, 53 lbs.